Grief is a complex natural process of loss. Everyone’s grief is personal to them and people grieve in their own way at their own pace. Grief is an emotional response to a significant loss that can also impact the physical and spiritual side of ourselves.
Reasons People May Experience Grief
It is often associated with the death of a loved one however there are many different losses that one can experience grief.
- Loss of employment, including retirement
- Loss/breakdown of a relationship
- Loss of a pet
- Loss of a family home
- Loss of financial stability
- Loss due to illness
- A move to a long term care facility that may result in the loss of your home, your community, your belongings, your independence, feelings that you have loss control over decision making. Families feel this loss as well.
- Divorce, changes in the family structure if children are involved
- Life transitions, lifestyle change
These are a few types of losses that one can experience grief. Most times we work through our grief on our own or with the support of family and friends but sometimes it helps to talk to someone outside the circle about our grief. Debra has helped many clients experiencing grief over a significant loss. She will start where you are at in your grief process. Providing you with a safe and secure environment to share your story.